Saturday, March 3, 2007

Kyoto and Nara Trip


I just got home from an amazing 3 day university field trip to Kyoto, Nara and Osaka!

After getting absolutely NO sleep on Tuesday night, I had to be at the university at 7:30am on Wednesday to meet the group of about 60 international students.

I was crying uncontrollably as I'd just said goodbye to my Brazilian friend, Silas, who was flying home that day :(

We flew to Osaka where 2 buses were waiting for us to take us to Kyoto. Each bus had it's own annoying Japanese lady who talked non-stop for the entire 3 days, loudly over a microphone so we had no choice but to listen.

We saw 2 temples, and then checked into our hotel in Kyoto.

The 2nd day was free time, so 6 of my friends and I went to Universal Studios in Osaka.

The 3rd day we saw 2 temples in Nara, then back on the bus to Osaka airport with the Japanese lady. We had 2 hours free time in the airport, I really can't believe they did that! But amazingly all 60 of us were through the security zone and in the waiting area on time.

It was a really great trip, and the whole thing cost us 3000 yen! Airfares, hotels and food included! We're really lucky, I love Kagoshima University!! Do I have to go home....?

(Photo above is in front of Todai-ji temple, Nara)

1 comment:

amylicious said...

damn, how i wish i had went there with u!! sob sob.