Thursday, March 8, 2007

Back to hospital...

My wisdom teeth have decided that now is an appropriate time to put my life on hold and clean out my bank account.
After going to 2 other dental clinics that were too afraid of legal costs if anything went wrong with operating on a foreigner, I finally found one that would do the surgery.
Yesterday I went to Kagoshima Daigaku Hospital's dental clinic.
Three X-rays and a CT scan later, it was decided by a group of about 5 doctors that the surgery needs to be done ASAP.
We've decided that the best way is by general anaesthetic- that way they can take out both bottom wisdoms at the same time.

The only catch is that I have to stay in hospital for a week!! As I'm living alone and would be strictly forbidden to do anything that might be recognized as taking care of myself.
So I have to go back to hospital tomorrow for the check-up to make sure I can handle being knocked out, and then we will work out the best time to do the surgery.
The good thing is that I'm on uni holidays right now, so the only thing I'll miss is work. But I'm sure my bosses will understand......
The pic above is me with one of my dentists, and an x-ray of my teeth.

No comments: