Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Can I go home now....?

I've been in Japan about 9 and a half months, and although I have beautiful friends, and a good life here, I think I've been hit with my first ever bout of homesickness!
I'm so tired, and now the summer is starting, it is SO hot and humid, I don't wanna leave my air-conditioned room!!
OK enough complaining...

I was in AMU plaza last week and I found a shop that sells VEGEMITE!! I couldn't believe it, really, but the other thing they sell from Aus is........ 'Weis bars'!! Of course I bought one, and after living here so long, the taste of natural fruit in a product tastes so SO good.
I hadn't really noticed how artificial everything is here before, but now, I can really tell.

I miss fresh fruit and vegetables, and those products that have "no artificial anything" labels on them.

I miss milk that actually turns solid if you leave it in the fridge for 3 weeks.
I miss bread that goes hard after 2 days, and grows mold after 5.

I miss being surrounded by boys who don't shave their eyebrows or carry hand bags.

I really miss English!!

But I know that when I go home, there's so many things (mainly people) that I will miss so much from Japan.
Oops- I was going to stop complaining......
:(

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Melissa, how are you going?
I happened to get to read your blog, and I was like "so do I!!!!!"
and I had a look at your profile, you listed the Veronicas and kisschasy on your favorite music, I found an Aussie here!
I was in Melbourne last year and fell in love with your country, I am still missing many things from there. I am missing relaxed life and people over there. I just would like to cheer you up, seriously, the life in Kagoshima is much alike with that of Melbourne! I have been living in Tokyo after I came back from Melbourne and it is so tiring. I am in Kagoshima for holiday for a while so I will enjoy my home Kagoshima! I hope you survive this humid summer and have a lot of fun here.

Hanač©© said...

hihi,meli...its Ceci...how have u been? got 'homesick' now??hehe...u coming back Aus soon anyway,right?

it seems u been quite sick before Ne~poor u.....take care Ne~~~